Tips On How I Keep The Romance Going In My Relationship

*Sponsored Post. Story is my contributor’s.

Forever is a long time, but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side. ∼Unknown

As much as I treasure each of my children, I cannot stop them from growing up and leaving the nest. (I am very thankful that I still have one child at home, however.)

Tips On How I Keep The Romance Going In My Relationship

In about ten years, my husband and I will be empty nesters. I can let myself be broken-hearted about it, or I can choose to devote all of my time and energy into my marriage. This coming August, my husband and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage.

Sometimes relationships can go south. Many couples find that they don’t have much of a spark left after raising children. When parenting is no longer on the front burner, some couples find that they really do not have much in common with their spouse anymore.

Some couples find that they need to re-ignite their flames of passion. You will definitely be spending more time together when children are not taking up every moment of your time. One thing that I have found to help keep the passion fresh in my marriage is to be constantly changing things up.

One of the things I enjoy doing is surprising my husband by wearing cute lingerie. For instance, when he comes to bed, he might find me ‘reading‘ in a cute nightie or gown that he has never seen before. I really like the cute lingerie at 3Wishes.com! They have some super fun and flirty things that I have my eyes on 😉

Tips On How I Keep The Romance Going In My Relationship

Doing that always keeps my husband on his toes! I like to always have an ‘air of mystery‘ about me. It’s funny because he never knows what I am going to do next, or what I am going to be wearing! (Or not wearing.)

In addition to keeping things ‘interesting‘ in the bedroom, I also try to show an interest in his favorite hobbies. For instance, my husband loves camping. (Throughout the years, I have kind of been a high-maintenance indoors kind of girl. Poor husband.) So, lately, I have decided to try to take a genuine interest when I find him outside working on our camper or his beloved boat. I bring him a coke and offer to help him get the gear ready for our next camping trip. Or I ask questions and let him talk about his favorite camping memories that he had with his grandparents.

I am showing him enthusiasm, which is something I had never done before. I am even trying to learn to love camping! Heck, we are probably going to be doing that a lot more in the future now that we have fewer children to take along.

A long, healthy, happy relationship can be a reality if you work on it. Never give up on the person you love. No matter how many years go by, you can re-discover each other again and again. That person that you fell in love with is still there. Through patience, determination, and creativity, you can definitely recapture that spark you once had.

How Do You Keep The Romance Going In  Your Relationship?

Comments

1. Joy Venters says:

A good relationship is well worth any amount of time or money you put into it

Yes it is easy for the relationship to get rusty so to speak. I often surprise my better half with little gifts

3. This is great advice! My husband and I will be married for twenty years in January and our daughter is only three. Having her has been the best thing ever for both of us, but our relationship has definitely changed. I’m working hard on keeping him a priority. A great marriage does take hard work.

4. Super advice for all of us. I have been married a long time, so any advice is welcome.

5. Very cute, relationships take work.

6. Beth Wiggins (@LilyNRomes_Mom) says:

I believe my knight is out there…

7. We keep the Romance going by spending quality time together. I think that it’s so important for a relationship!

8. Lesley F says:

I agree, I also like the items they carry at 3Wishes.com

9. Bryan Vice says:

No matter how old ya get or how much life changes as long as your with the one that makes you whole and still do some of the things that made you fall in love then i think youll be ok

10. Awesome advice! Thanks for sharing.

we still like to have a Date night,just the two of us ,,no kids no grandkids

12. Awesome! When my bf leaves the room, I quickly undress and when he comes back he gets excited! TMI? lmao

13. celebrating 22 wonderful years this year xoxoxox

14. Ashley Dionne says:

I agree, mystery is key! When i tell my husband something about me that he didnt know, he gets that little spark in his eye…I love it!

15. Finding time to share fun activities and adventures even if it is just a walk around the block on some days when time is tight.

16. Jeanne Coulombe says:

great tips that’s what I do always have some new nighty or boy shorts and one of his button up shirts .

17. monique s says:

good ideas. spending time and appreciating each other is what I think makes a strong foundation

18. Christina M says:

We take little trips over the weekends to rekindle our love.

19. Daisy Navarrete says:

I like these ideas…definitely need to get the spark back for my husband and I.

20. Linda C, says:

I agree, you do have to take the time and it is work.

21. Lori Tobin says:

I’ve been married almost 40 years and I believe that one way we have kept it interesting is by taking a mini vacation a couple of times a year, every year, alone. No kids, no phones, just us. Focusing only on each other.

22. I’ve been married eight years, together 11 years total and we don’t have children so we have always acted like a couple of teenagers together 🙂 You have to keep the spark alive and make sure you have common interests out of the bedroom too, because that’s important too.

23. Andrew Stroup (@Godslayer333) says:

I never been in a real relationship… 🙁

24. Karen Webster Hunt says:

This is great.

25. These are great ideas. Every relationship involves some work and creativity

26. This is great!(:

27. Darcy Koch says:

I think you really do have to take the time to keep your relationship alive. Little things like suggested can go a long way.