I have another review and giveaway!! Yea! These are so much fun to do! I had the opportunity to receive two of the Dot Girls First Period Kits. One I sent to my niece to review for me and the other one, I am giving away to one lucky reader/viewer!!! Excited yet?!
I contacted Dot Girls because I saw how practical their products were. If only I had had this kit when I first started my period! (I started mine in a public restroom at Disneyland, never forget that! Ughh) It has so many neat items in this kit, which are so useful and some things you would not have even thought of before hand. Like, the little heating pad for sore, achy muscles and the Dot Girls period calendar, so you won’t experience any unwanted period surprises!
So, when my niece received it in the mail, she was so excited to get down and review this. She said at first glimpse, the little bag it is all contained in is super cute and fashionable, she really liked that. But when she opened it to find all the goodies, she was even happier! The kit includes:
- The Dot Girl’s First Period Guide™, a 12-page booklet with answers to common questions
- The Dot Girl’s Period Calendar™, a simple way for a girl to track her periods
- One Ultra Thin Kotex® Pad With Wings upgraded item
- Two Kotex® Lightdays®Panty Liners upgraded item
- Kotex® product brochure(product claims only valid within the U.S.) new item
- One store coupon for FREE Kotex® products -a $4.90 value (valid only within the U.S.) new item
- Reusable Dot Girl™ Warm Pad, a heating pad handy for soothing cramps upgraded item
- Scensibles™ Petite Pak (3 disposal bags inside) new item
- Hand Wipes
- How neat to have all of that tucked away in such a cute little bag! She also liked the fact that the little bag is little enough to hide away in a desk, locker or backpack, very discreet. She was so happy! She was really thankful for this kit. She also recommended this kit to all her friends.
- Now, about the women behind this clever little kit
- Two sisters, Terri and Kathy, founded Dot Girl™’s First Period Products. Who better than two women, who are also daughters and mothers, to honestly address an uncomfortable topic?Their motivation to create The Dot Girl™’s First Period Kit grew from their own awkward teenage experiences. Despite the fact that their mother was a wonderful nurturer to four daughters, she was never comfortable talking to them about their bodies. They found that this is more often the rule than the exception for both moms and dads. And the reality today is that parents often find themselves in the awkward position of having avoided the subject at all costs, to the detriment of their daughters.Terri and Kathy’s goal for the kit is to provide parents with the tools you need to explain the basics of menstruation to your daughters. And for the girls, they hope that having the kit will lessen their anxiety about their first period and instead turn it into a positive experience.