Iams Home 4 the Holidays (IH4TH) needs your help to place 1.5 million pets into loving homes by January 4, 2010! With nearly 8 million homeless animals in the U.S. today, and almost half scheduled to be euthanized this year alone, our help is needed now more than ever.
- As many as 8 million animals are homeless in the U.S.
- Nearly 4 million orphaned dogs and cats will be euthanized this year due to shelter over-crowding and lack of awareness about the importance of pet adoption.
- More than 25 percent of all dogs in shelters are purebreds.
- IH4TH helped 1,202,751 pets find homes last year alone.
- In Oct. 2008 Hilary Swank adopted Rumi through IH4TH at a Los Angeles shelter.
- Over the past decade more than 3 million pets –1,638,515 dogs, 1,505,690 cats and 134,062 “other” animals – have been adopted through IH4TH.
Can’t adopt? Join the “Feed Pets in Need” program and help bring much needed food to your favorite IH4TH shelter by simply casting a vote at IH4TH.com. Super easy and quick to do!
// <![CDATA[// <![CDATA[
document.write(" \n\n \n\n “);// ]]>
Just helping to spread the word about this great cause to help sweet, precious and deserving animals find homes. Used the content out of the website. No compensation was given to me, nothing was given to me. Thanks!