*Simple Garden Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe is brought to you by Dreamfields Pasta. Recipe is my own.
I was asked to create a yummy, summer pasta dish and I could not be happier! I love pasta so much and this pasta dish will not let you down! It is so delicious and savory! Your whole family will eat it up in one sitting!
I was challenged to use fresh ingredients from the market, to create an original and yummy pasta dish using the delicious Dreamfields pasta. I think I did pretty good if I do say so myself!
This week’s challenge for me was called the Pesto-Presto challenge! I had to create a pasta dish using the following ingredients:
Pesto (any flavor)
Fresh vegetable (any variety)
Poultry (fresh, pre-cooked, sausage, etc.)
Plus I was allowed up to two extra ingredients of my choice. Dreamfields pasta, salt, pepper, oil, and water were my “free” ingredients.
So, off I went to go shopping! That was fun with three kids in tow, NOT! Anyways, picked out my ingredients and I was off to the kitchen to create something healthy and simple that my whole family would LOVE. And create I DID!!!
Simple Garden Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 cups Dreamfields Rotini
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 3 sticks mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat, fat-free chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto sauce with whole pine nuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place pasta in large bowl; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to chill.
- To serve, add chicken, mozzarella, pepper and cucumber to pasta; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and pesto. Add to pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- *1/2 cup cubed mozzarella cheese can be used in place of string cheese.
Nutrition information (1/4 of recipe):
420 calories; 26 g protein; 55 g carbohydrates; 12 g total fat; 4 g saturated fat; 40 mg cholesterol; 230 mg sodium; 7 g total dietary fiber.
Let me know if you decide to create this delicious, summer Simple Garden Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe! I want to know how you liked it! Feel free to check out my other pasta dish; Autumn Pasta Salad with Fresh Veggies! YUM!
Pin It For Later!
Also, check out my recipe for bahmi!!!