CONTEST OVER! CONGRATS TO Snowflake07 (Audra), COMMENT #102!!!
I have never taken a CPR class. Now that I have small children, I have always wanted to, but with only one car and my husband always working, I find it hard to even get out of the house! CPR is something every parent, caregiver and grandparent should know, heck every person needs to know how to do CPR.
I came across a really neat website and asked them if I could review for them. They said yes. I was sent a CPR Teddy to review. When I received it in my mailbox, it was kind of funny, the package was talking, LOL. The mail lady was probably thinking, OK, what is she getting now, haha!
I opened it up and inside was an adorable teddy bear with a CPR DVD. Was very excited to watch the DVD and include my children in this review. I was excited to learn with them, you are never to young to learn anything. This teddy bear helps you practice and learn infant/child choking rescue and CPR skills.
The CPR teddy only became available in October of last year, so it is fairly new on the market. The CPR Teddy products comply with current guidelines for CPR, so that is nice to know! Just attach this cute 8″ bear to a baby’s stroller, diaper bag, play pen, or car seat and rest easy knowing you can review the steps for choking rescue and CPR anytime and anywhere!
Tid bits about the CPR Teddy (taken off their site):
- Practice your Infant/Child (0 to 8 years of age) choking rescue and CPR skills at home
- Place in child’s room as constant reminder of your skills
- Test your babysitter’s skills
- FREE CPR & First Aid training DVD with every order
About the CPR training DVD (taken off their site):
- This Infant and Child CPR & Choking Rescue Training DVD is designed for parents, grandparents, babysitters and other non-medical professionals who care for children. The information provided is based on the newest Guidelines published by the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, and the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation.
- This DVD provides instruction on Infant (0 to 1 year of age) and Child (1 to 8 years of age) CPR, Choking Rescue, and First Aid. It also provides tips for Childproofing Your Home & Car. Topics include but are not limited to: safety in the nursery, car seats, poison look-a-likes, and common choking hazards.
- Easy to understand, step-by-step instructions are explained by a master instructor in everyday language. Instructions are accompanied by clear demonstrations on infant and child manikins. Practice sessions follow each segment of the DVD so you can review what you’ve learned.
- Instruction is also provided on how to use CPR Teddy. Viewers of the DVD are continually urged to use CPR Teddy to practice these skills as they are watching the DVD. Research shows that you are more likely to remember your skills over time if you can practice those skills as you are learning them.
As you can see, this is a great teddy to have around your home! Not only does it help you learn CPR, it is also a fun way to learn it and actually remember it. The DVD is very thourough and the teddy bear is a great reminder of your CPR skills. Keep it close by “just in case”. My kids also loved to play around with it too. I finally feel confident that I know CPR and what I need to do in case of an emergency. The teddy bear will tell you how many chest compressions you need to give and what to do next, very useful.
My take? Of course I am going to say I like it, it just helped me learn something I would not have otherwise known until I went to a CPR class. I love how fun the little bear makes this and the DVD is full of great information. I think that it is a great thing to have around your home. I also like how the bear itself completely instructs you on what to do and when, step by step. The only thing that annoyed me a bit was that when I first got this, I had no idea how to turn it off, and it was annoying! But, I figured it out. You just push the heart once and it shuts off, whoosh!
This would make a great baby shower gift for the newly expecting parents or any parents! This is one of those gifts that people don’t really think about, but when you get it for them they think “wow, this is an awesome thing to have” and then they tell everyone about it.
You can buy the adorable CPR Teddy and DVD by going to their website HERE!
They also have a 30 day money back guarentee! Can’t go wrong 🙂
For a 10% off your order of the CPR Teddy, just enter promo code 011003 at checkout!
One lucky reader is going to win their very own CPR Teddy and DVD!
Easy! Just go to CPR Teddy website, browse around a bit, then come back here and tell me what you love about this bear!
Comment on one of my NON giveaway posts, come back here and tell me which one you did! (2 extra entries!)
Subscribe to my blog and come back here and tell me what email addy you used to subscribe! Must be confirmed in your email to qualify!!! (2 extra entries!)
Tweet this giveaway, can be done twice daily! come back with tweet link!
Blog about this giveaway, come back with blog link (3 extra entries!)
Grab my new button and proudly display it on your blog/site (found in my sidebar) for an extra 3 entries!
*Lots of ways to enter, so use them all if you can! Contest will end on February 26th, 10pm, PST. Open to US and Canada. I will use random.org to choose my winner. Winner will have 48 hours to confirm their win or a new person will be chosen. Good luck!*
I was sent the CPR Teddy to review and keep. These are my own honest opinions about this product, thanks!