*This post includes my affiliate links.
Have you seen the wonderful movie, Moana? We finally were able to watch it last week when it came in the mail for us to review! My kids were SO excited. We had been waiting to see this movie ever since we heard about it!
Disney’s Moana is a great movie for the whole family! It really is. It was not only wonderfully made, had great characters and songs, but it was funny too. We have watched this movie quite a few times since receiving it and each time, my kids sit still and watch it.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Moana, is a story of a spirited teenager who sets sail on a daring adventure to save her people, starring newcomer Auli‘i Cravalho as the voice of brave and tenacious Moana and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (HBO’s “Ballers,” “Central Intelligence”) as the larger-than-life demigod Maui.
The film earned a 95% critics’ consensus on Rotten Tomatoes and the No. 1 spot at the domestic box office opening weekend. Now, “Moana” sets a new course, sailing home on Digital HD/3D and Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) on Feb. 21, and on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on March 7!
Bonus features include a new, hilarious mini-movie featuring Moana and Maui; an in-depth look at how the people, cultures, and heritage of the Pacific Islands shaped the story of “Moana;” revealing Q&A with co-stars Auli‘i Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson, and famed animation directors Ron Clements and John Musker; insider access to Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Mancina and Opetaia Foaʻi, the trio behind the film’s moving music; four mini-documentaries highlighting the movie’s groundbreaking effects; deleted scenes; a deleted song; hidden Easter Eggs; music video; “Inner Workings,” the theatrical short film directed by Leo Matsuda that spotlights the internal struggle between a man’s Brain and Heart; and much, much more!
Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & Digital 3D/HD/SD:
- Theatrical Short Film: “Inner Workings” – With an introduction by the filmmakers, is the story of the internal struggle between a man’s pragmatic, logical side and his free-spirited, adventurous half. Created by a small team at Walt Disney Animation Studios in a unique, fast-paced style that blends CG and traditional hand-drawn animation, the short explores the importance of finding balance in daily life.
- Maui Mini-Movie: “Gone Fishing” – When Maui decides it’s time to take charge of the ocean and catch his next meal, Moana must show him the error of his ways … with a little help from her friends!
- Voice of the Islands – An in-depth look at how Pacific Island people and cultures inspired the filmmakers to create the story of “Moana.”
- Things You Didn’t Know About …
- Meet the stars of “Moana” in this dynamic Q&A featuring Dwayne Johnson, newcomer Auli‘i Cravalho, and famed animation directors Ron and John.
- Meet the musical team behind “Moana” in this fascinating Q&A featuring Opetaia Foa‘i, Mark Mancina, and Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Island Fashion – Find out how costume designer Neysa Bové took on the unique challenge of creating costumes using materials and techniques native to the islands of Oceania.
- They Know the Way: Making the Music of “Moana” – Musicians Opetaia Foa‘I, Marc Mancina, and Lin-Manuel Miranda take us on a personal journey through their involvement in the movie and how it changed their lives.
- Fishing for Easter Eggs – Dive deep into the ocean and fish for the Easter Eggs hidden by the animators at Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- The Elements of … – This series of four mini-docs explores the technical achievements behind some of the ground-breaking effects used in the film.
- Mini Maui – Meet “Mini Maui,” Maui’s tattoo sidekick. Animated by legendary hand-drawn animator Eric Goldberg, we explore how the 2D world collides with CG animation to bring the demigod’s tattoos to life.
- Water – In the movie, the ocean is a character. This piece explores how the water is given a personality, along with the technical feats of creating a believable ocean landscape farther than the eye can see.
- Lava – Te Kā is a creature made of lava, smoke, and fire. This piece dives into the challenges of making an animated creature of massive scale brought to fiery life by character, technical and effects animators.
- Hair – One of the greatest technical achievements of the film was the animation of the beautiful, curly hair on Moana and Maui. Take a look at the hair-raising detail that goes into animating each strand, adding performance to the movie that has never been seen before.
- Deleted Song: “Warrior Face” – With an introduction by songwriter Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Deleted Scenes – Ron and John introduce the following deleted scenes: Race the Wind/Ties that Bind; Discussing Moana’s Future; Under the Sea; Grandmother’s Warning/Legend of Maui; Education of Moana; Father, Daughter, Boat; and Canoe Race.
- Music Video: “How Far I’ll Go” – Performed by Alessia Cara.
- “How Far I’ll Go Around the World” – Multi-language reel of the song “How Far I’ll Go.”
- Audio Commentary – With directors Ron and John.
- Theatrical Short Film: “Inner Workings,” Music Video: “How Far I’ll Go” and Audio Commentary
You can purchase Moana on Digital HD/3D and Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA), and on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand on March 7!
One person is going to win a digital copy of Moana on Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)! Yay!
The contest is open to US 18+. Giveaway will end on March 23, 2017, at 11:59 PM MT. The winner will have 48 hours to confirm their win after I email them, or a new winner will be chosen. I am not responsible for lost or stolen mail.
I have not seen Moana yet.
I have not gotten a chance to see it yet!
I haven’t seen this yet.
Teresa A Thompson says
I haven’t seen it yet but my grandkids have and they love it.
Bernie Wallace says
I saw this movie in theaters and really enjoyed it. I would like to watch it again. Thanks for the giveaway.
Vikki Billings says
no, I have not seen this movie yet, but would love to see it with my granddaughter!
Allyson Becker says
I have not seen the movie yet.
Jennifer H. says
We have not seen this yet.
Janine H says
I haven’t seen it yet but I heard it was good!
Brooke Allen says
This is a great movie. I’ve been singing “You’re Welcome!” to some of my customers that have been buying the movie.
Elizabeth Brooks says
We love this movie.. would love to own it! <3 Awesome giveaway
Amber Cheras (@shadow62310) says
I haven’t seen this movie yet but I can’t wait to!!
Yes we went and saw this in theaters. My kids also have rented it 3 times.
We haven’t seen this movie yet.
Vanessa Richard says
I have not seen this movie yet. I think both my kids would enjoy it.
Heather Cahill says
I have not but it looks really cute!
No but I am super excited to!
Amy H. says
Yes, we saw it in theaters, and my daughter loved it!
Yvonne Delgado says
just saw it last week with my kids! I loved it.
I haven’t seen this movie yet, but am sure I will see it soon.
i have not
Brooke Allen says
Yes we saw the movie in the theaters.
I have not seen the movie yet
cheryl s says
No, we haven’t seen this yet, but it looks adorable
I have not see it yet, but my kids saw it with my husband while I was sick. They loved it!
no not yet, but we are looking forward to it
Amanda Alvarado says
We haven’t seen it yet!
Laura V says
I’ve seen this movie, and it made me cry because of the relationship Moana had with her Grandmother, it reminds me of mine with my Gramma.
I have not seen this yet.
Kimberly Singh says
I haven’t see this movie yet but I would love to see it with my kids.
Jennifer Tilson says
We haven’t seen Moana yet.
Bryan Vice says
Haven’t seen this movie yet but we’re all wanting to!
Bryan Vice says
My kids wanna see this movie really bad!! i kinda do too lol
I have not see it yet, but my kids saw it with their Grandma.
elizabeth miller says
We have not seen this yet. We have been waiting for it to come out on dvd.
Ty Beth Arierg says
Yes we have seen this and loved it.
My daughter and I saw the movie at the theater a couple months ago. We loved it!
Genevieve Larson says
Vicki Wurgler says
no we have not seen this movie yet
We haven’t, but the girls would like to
May Rodriguez says
I have not seen the moana movie that why I enter your giveaway for a chance to win so I can watch.
Darlene Carbajal says
I have not!
vickie couturier says
no we havent seen this movie yet
Haven’t see n it yet, but .hey, Lin-Manuel Miranda.
According to Ashley Bree says
I have not seen this movie but I have heard great things about it and would love to watch it.
We have seen it..It is so cute cannot wait to see it again..Love the chicken/Rooster:)
Dawn Ganey says
No I haven’t seen this movie yet.
Angela Ingles says
We haven’t seen the movie yet, but I’ve heard SUCH great things about it. We’d love to see it.
We haven’t seen this yet. Our three year old daughter has really just become interested in movies and able to sit and enjoy them. I can’t wait to watch it with her. We will both love the music!
Saw it in theaters over Thanksgiving
Victoria Scott says
Not yet, but my girls are dying to! It sounds awesome!
Adrienne P says
Haven’t seen yet!
Kayla Klontz says
I haven’t seen this yet but both of my kids keep begging me to see it.
No, I haven’t yet. Love The Rock!
No, I haven’t seen this yet. Looks great though!
C. Weller says
I would like to see this!
I saw it with my granddaughter.
Julie Lundstrom says
I have not seen this yet but we would like too.
Heather Dawn says
No, we haven’t seen Moana yet.
We just saw this last weekend as a family and we all enjoyed it!
I haven’t seen it but my daughter really wants to.