*This post is brought to you by Reedman Toll Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Opinions are my own.
Nothing is worse than going on a road trip and having a HUGE mess in your car. My car has to be organized. I absolutely cannot handle it and have been known to get out of the car and refuse to get back in, until my kids cleaned up their messes in the backseat! I have to be comfy when I go on road trips and that means a clean or at least a mess-free car to travel in!
That is why, before we even get into our car, it has to be organized. Everything has its place and in return, makes the whole road trip with my family much easier for everyone in the car.
5 Tips To Pack Your Car Like A Pro For Your Next Road Trip
- Consolidate and pack your bags accordingly. Don’t overpack (ha! Easier said then done but if I can do it, so can YOU!). Bring packing cubes from ebags.com to help keep your things organized and easily accessible during the long car ride.
- Bring empty garbage bags and zip lock baggies to clean up messes in the car as they occur. If you eat in the car, make sure the kids (Or whomever you are traveling with) know to put their garbage in the garbage bag right away. Having a clean car is less stressful.
- Bring baby wipes to wipe hands, face, or car down. I hate having sticky situations and no way of cleaning it up! Packing baby wipes will make for a much more enjoyable time for everyone, trust me on this one.
- When packing your suitcase, put underwear or socks into your shoes. I can usually stuff quite a bit into my hubby’s shoes and it sure saves a lot of space in my suitcase. This is something I have been doing for years now.
- Bring an extra duffle bag in your suitcase or bag. Whenever I travel I ALWAYS accumulate things! I have to bring mementos home from my trips! So having the extra, empty duffle bag that I can put my recently bought items in, is ESSENTIAL for me.
I am sure I have MANY more tips and tricks to share, but the ones above are the ones that I always do and think of first.
How Do You Pack Your Car When You Go On Road Trips?