These pecan pie filling topped on pumpkin cupcakes are SO delish! They also have yummy cream cheese frosting! You can’t go wrong with that, right??? These delectable pumpkin cupcakes are topped with a decadent pecan pie filling–talk about indulgence. The pumpkin mixture is fluffy and soft, perfect for those who want a break from their usual chocolate craving!
I am making these for our Thanksgiving dinner as a dessert, this year. I am so glad that I found out about them and now I want to share them with you!
Pecan Pie Filling Topped on Pumpkin Cupcakes
Let’s get straight to the recipe!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting topped with a dollop of Pecan Pie Filling
- Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Spoon or ice cream scoop
- Muffin Tin
- Cupcake liners
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour (leveled)
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 Cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Package package (8oz) cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 Stick unsalted butter (room temp)
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Cup Pecans (chopped)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 TBSP light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 TBSP Cold Water
- 2 TBSP Corn Starch
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 Cup Pecans (Chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put cupcake liners in the muffin pan.
- Put the 1⁄2 cup of chopped pecans in a bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl.
- Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Add the oil, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to mix all ingredients.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, continue to beat while adding until completely combined. (The batter will be smooth.) Set aside.
- Whisk the oil, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a mixer until completely combined. (Batter will be thick.)
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure the batter to go into the paper-lined muffin tins. (Fill 2⁄3 full)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes. (Check by inserting a toothpick in the center comes out clean.)
- Remove from the oven when done and set aside to cool completely before frosting.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer on high speed until they become creamy and smooth.
- Slowly add in three cups of powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt beating at low speed for about 30 seconds. Increase the speed to high beating for 2 more minutes. (Add an additional 1⁄4 cup to increase the thickness of the frosting. )
- When ready to frost the cupcakes use a piping bag with a large round tip.
- Directly after frosting the cupcakes, roll the frost part of the cupcake in chopped pecans.
- Top with a dollop of frosting in the center of the cupcake. Set aside.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stirring to blend before adding in the saucepan. Increase heat to high bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the salt, vanilla, and pecans. Continue on the stove until the mixture reaches a boil again.
- Continue to stir until the mixture thickens. Set aside to cool.
- Add a tablespoon of the pecan mixture on top of the frosting dollop on the center of the cupcake.
Below are the things you will need to make these Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes. My affiliate links are included!
Here is the printable shopping list for you!
*1 package of cream cheese
*dark corn syrup
Please let me know if you decide to make these yummy fall cupcakes! I would love to hear how they turned out for you! If you liked this recipe then you need to check out my recipe for Christmas bark recipe with crackers! YUM!