We have well water, but when it gets really low (not often, but it has one time), it gets a brownish color and I just can’t drink it (duh!). So, we buy a lot of bottled water, even though well water is supposed to be really good for you (no fluoride, etc. in it). However, I just don’t like the ‘taste‘ of our water. I can’t explain it. That is where a filter comes in and the Royal Berkey Water Filter is our newest BFF!
We drink SO much water, so we used to buy SO many bottled water plastic containers, ugh! It was getting worse. Thankfully, the Royal Berkey water filter system has been saving us (and the planet!) because it safely and efficiently (and easily) filters our water in a nice-looking stainless Steele tank. It matches our kitchen and looks great on our countertop.
*Product received. This post includes my Amazon.com affiliate links.
Royal Berkey Water Filter
The Berkey Water Filter is perfect for medium to larger families. The storage capacity is about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters). If you prefer a smaller size you can go with the Big Berkey. You can take the Berkey Water Filter with you on camping trips, outdoors for a barbecue with family and friends, or use it for unexpected emergencies. Our Berkey water filter tank is ALWAYS full.
When this first arrived, I opened the box and pulled it out. There were a few pieces to it, I won’t lie. It looked confusing to me. However, I discovered after reading the directions on how to put it together, I felt more at ease. It took a bit to get it all together (hey, I had young kids to look after!), but once it was set up, it was easy going from there.
Why Should You Buy The Berkey Water Filter System?
There are several reasons why, but I will write about the most important ones. The Royal Berkey System removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites (eww!!!) entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222, and trihalomethanes. All of those harmful things are filtered from your water!
This system is so powerful that it can also remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs! No other filter system can do that! Talk about AMAZING! If that right there doesn’t convince you to buy this amazing water filter system (or at least look into it more), I am not sure what else I can say!
More Helpful Information and Facts
Berkey Water Filters can remove:
- Fluoride – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pathogenic Bacteria – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Lead – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Arsenic – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Iron – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Mercury – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chlorine – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
- Bisphenol-A – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Chloramines – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pharmaceuticals – Removed to greater than 99.5%.
- Petroleum Contaminants – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Methylcyclohexane-methane – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Pesticides – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Heavy Metals – Removed to greater than 99.1%.
- Coliform and e-Coli – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Atrazine – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
- Uranium – Removed to greater than 97.0%.
- Gross Alpha emitters – Removed to greater than 98.7%.
The flow rate of the Berkey Water Filter System is 4 Gallons per hour under regular use conditions when starting full. Max Filtration Flow Rate up to 8 Gallons per hour (4 Elements).
The height of the Berkey Water Filter System when in use is 23″ tall. The diameter is 9.5″ and the weight (when it is empty) is 8 lbs. This is great for normal, everyday usage and can easily serve 2-4 people a day. Fully configured, this system can serve up to 100-200 people a DAY, during an emergency!
Each Black Berkey Filter is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 filters in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended.
This system comes standard with the following:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- Set of 2 Black Berkey filters
- Standard spigot
- 2 blocking plugs
- 1 stainless steel lid
- 2 wingnuts
- 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- 1 rubber gasket to protect the base
Where Can I Find More Information About the Royal Berkey Water Filter System?
You can find out more information and purchase a Royal Berkey Water Filter System by visiting them online at https://theberkey.com/. They have several water filter systems to choose from. You can also purchase this on Amazon.com.
Mike S. says
Sounds awesome! The well water at our new house is not great. We’ve been lugging the gallon jugs from the supermarket on a weekly basis, so having an awesome filter at home would be amazing!