*Simple Ways to Freshen Up Summer Recipes With Fisher Nuts
Simple Ways to Freshen Up Summer Recipes With Fisher Nuts
Nothing says summer more than some wonderful, healthy and delicious food, right? Sure, we all eat lighter during the summer, but just because we eat lighter, does not mean our food has to be bland!
I love a lot of taste in my food as I am sure you all do. I also like to add a little ‘crunch’ to my food too! So, adding Fisher Nuts to some of my summer dishes is just too yummy! Adding Fisher Nuts to ANY recipe is a great way to freshen up your summer recipes, in a pinch!
Recently I was sent some Fisher Nuts to help spruce up my summer meals. I used the slivered Almonds in a dish to die for!! We made sweet and sour spare ribs with rice and we added the slivered almonds to it. Talk about a great taste with a crunch!!! Soo good!
Fisher Nuts has some great recipes on their site! Take a peek at these ones: Lemon Blueberry Loaf, Walnut & Blueberry French Toast Bake, Chocolate Raspberry S’mores, and Butter Pecan Ice Cream. Ummm, YUM!!!
- 2 lbs of Spare Ribs (cut into small pieces)
- 2 Cans of 14 oz. Chunky Pineapple
- 4 TSP Brown Sugar
- 3 TBS of Cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup of Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup of Ketchup
- 2 TSP of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup of Fisher Nuts Slivered Almonds
- Boil Spare Ribs for about 1 hour or until super tender
- Cut spare ribs to bite size pieces
- Cook brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, green bell pepper and pineapple over medium heat until it thickens a bit
- Put cut up pieces of spare ribs in glass pan
- pour mixture over the spare ribs
- Bake in oven at 375, uncovered for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle Slivered Almonds over the top of the spare ribs
- Serve with rice and enjoy!!!!
Let Me Know If You Make This Yummy Recipe!