Nasi Goreng Indonesian Fried Rice with Ham is so delicious and can easily be a full meal for a family. This is what we ate for dinner last night. We added a green salad and it was one of the best dinners we have had in a while! My whole family loved it so much.
Now, normally, I think this is supposed to be made with chicken. However, my husband’s grandparents, (who were Indonesian) made it with ham instead of chicken. It is good both ways, but we prefer it with ham! My husband’s grandparents were always cooking the yummiest meals.
One of my all-time favorites that they used to make was Bahmi, (Bahmi Goreng is the noodle equivalent of nasi goreng or Indonesian fried rice). At first, I thought it was spelled ‘Balmi‘ until I researched it a bit more. Anyways, that is one tasty meal too. You can grab the recipe for that, above!
Okay, back to the yummy Nasi Goreng Indonesian Fried Rice with Ham! It is so easy to make (takes about 20-30 minutes to make) and like I said above, you can make it with chicken or ham, or whatever meat you prefer. It is super good and is a meal that everyone will enjoy.
Nasi Goreng Indonesian Fried Rice with Ham Recipe
Below, you will find how my hubby’s grandparents used to make Nasi Goreng. We have altered it a bit, I am sure, but the recipe is about the same!
- 2 cups of Ham chopped
- 3 tbs of Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup of soy sauce
- 2 cups of White Rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or you can use fresh chopped garlic from the jar like we do)
- ½ (less or more!) jalapeno pepper chopped
- 5 green onions, diced
- 2 eggs
- Cook white rice according to directions
- Heat through chopped ham & jalapeno pepper with oil, in a large skillet
- crack the two eggs into the ham and scramble
- Add soy sauce to the ham & eggs
- Add garlic and sambal cook together for about 2 minutes
- Add Green onions and mix
- Add cooked rice to the mixture and stir well
Though this recipe has been adapted, it is still Nasi Goreng, just a little different 😉
This is so yummy!
Have you ever made Nasi Goreng? If not, are you going to give it a try?