In this post, you will learn how to make a Delicious And Easy Ultimate Loaded Meatloaf! I love experimenting in the kitchen. I am always trying to come up with new ways to make food that my family already loves, but better! I like to add things and see what I come up with.
Last night, I made a really really really good loaded, moist meatloaf. When I say loaded, I mean loaded! It has so much good stuff in it and it turned out SO good. My whole family, kids, and all enjoyed this meatloaf. So, if you have picky eaters, I suggest this delicious and easy ultimate-loaded meatloaf recipe!
*This post includes my affiliate link
Delicious And Easy Ultimate Loaded Meatloaf
- 2 lb of hamburger meat
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small potatoes
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1½ cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Johnny’s Salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices of bread
- ½ can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of Ketchup (for the top)
- cut up the onion and put it in a bowl
- peel and cut potatoes and put them in a bowl
- cut up bacon and add to bowl
- tear apart bread into little pieces and add to the bowl
- add ground meat to the bowl
- add two eggs to a bowl
- Add garlic powder to taste
- add Johnny’s Salt to taste
- add two eggs
- add ½ can of tomato sauce
- add cheddar cheese
- use your hands to squeeze and mix the mixture in the bowl, making sure to really get all the ingredients mixed well
- put the meat mixture into an ungreased loaf pan
- put the loaf pan on a cookie sheet (to catch the oil from overflowing from the loaf pan)
- put in the oven at 350 for an hour
- take out of the oven after an hour and squeeze ketchup over the top of the meatloaf, put back in the oven for 5 minutes on broil (to brown the top of the meatloaf)
- Take out and let stand for 5 minutes before serving!
This recipe is so good, but my pictures do not do this recipe/dish justice! It was so juicy and had SO much flavor because of the bacon. Please let me know if you make this! Check out my recipe for my meatloaf wrapped in bacon! It is delicious too!
Popular Questions About Meatloaf
*Where did meatloaf originate from? Meatloaf was mentioned in the Roman cookery collection Apicius as early as the 5th century. Meatloaf is a traditional German, Scandinavian, and Belgian dish, and it is a cousin to the Dutch meatball.
*Can meatloaf be frozen? Yes, it can! I have done this before if I make extra or have leftovers. Simply put it in a freezer bag and toss it in the freezer. I use my Food Saver machine to get all the air out and it will save much longer in the freezer that way.
*Can meatloaf be pink? No, it shouldn’t be. If it is still pink in the center, I would slice it open and put it back in the oven for about 10 minutes. You can also slice it and put it back in the oven or microwave it.
*Can meatloaf sit out overnight? No. I don’t recommend eating any meat that has been left out overnight.
*Can meatloaf be made ahead of time? Yes! I have done this before on many occasions! I make it the night before and just stick it in the fridge until the next day when I cook it.
How Do You Make Your Meatloaf? Have You Ever Made This Delicious And Easy Ultimate Loaded Meatloaf?