I take baby safety seriously, and if you have a little one, so should you. Just like finding the right vehicle for your family is important, so is finding the right car seat and learning car seat safety. I have some car seat safety tips for you, below.
We can all use reminders about car seat safety, including ways parents can become car seat safety pros. I know I am not perfect and there are things I am constantly learning about car seats and child/baby safety in the car, on a daily basis. This is a good time to brush up on this, for every parent!
My little one recently transitioned from a baby car seat to a convertible car seat and he could not be any happier! I received the wonderfully safe and comfortable NextFit™ Mystique Convertible Car Seat from Chicco. This is one VERY nice looking convertible car seat. It is SO user-friendly too.
The NextFit is the easiest convertible car seat to install accurately and securely in a wide range of vehicles. My hubby had no problems installing it in our van either, which was a breath of fresh air.
I always rely on him, to install car seats. The straps that sit against the baby are comfy and they have pads at the top to ensure baby’s neck does not get hurt.
My baby boy is obviously still rear facing and will be until he meets all requirements to be front facing. I love that this car seat is designed for rear-facing use from 5-40lbs AND forward-facing 22-65lbs. So this car seat will get some good use!
Chicco Mystique Convertible Car Seat Features:
- ReclineSecure 9-position Leveling System adjusts with one hand for an accurate fit to most vehicles.
- Two RideRight bubble levels indicate the correct angle in both rear and forward facing modes.
- SuperCinch Latch tightener with force-multiplying technology helps achieve a tight and secure fit.
- 6 Position height-adjustable headrest for growing children.
- One-pull harness tightener for quick and secure fit.
- Integrated slide path makes it easy to re-position the Latch strap when switching from rear to forward facing.
- removable cup holder for use on either side on the seat.
My little one is obviously very comfy in his new car seat and it fits him so much better. My boy is very tiny for his age, so I wanted a car seat that will fit him well and keep him safe and this convertible car seat does all of that.
Become a Pro at Using Car Seats (Car Seat Safety Tips!)
Tips from Chicco’s Child Passenger Safety Advocate, Julie Prom
· Keep your child rear-facing in their car seat until at least 2 years old, that’s right TWO years old. Are your kid’s feet touching the seat back? Do they look a little cramped? That’s OK! Kids are a lot more flexible than adults. Kids need to stay rear-facing for as long as possible to protect their head and neck in the event of a crash.
Kids are fragile, and they are best-protected rear-facing, even if that means they have a little less leg room. To ensure a child can stay rear-facing as long as possible, purchase a convertible seat when your baby outgrows the infant seat.
· Parents often utilize the portability of infant car seats to help transport baby in and out of the house, to and from doctors’ appointments, while shopping and more, but it’s important to ensure the harness is properly buckled even when you’re not in a vehicle.
It’s in the least expected moments that baby can squirm just enough, or someone walking by can accidentally bump into the car seat.
· Even when your child fits the height and weight guidelines to use a seat belt instead of a full harness with their booster seat, that doesn’t mean they should. Maturity matters – most children younger than 5-years old are not mature enough to sit without a full harness.
You know your child best, don’t make the switch until you’re confident your growing child will sit still and safely without a full harness.
· Colder weather is on the way, which means big sweaters and puffy coats. Don’t buckle your child into a car seat with bulky clothing and add-on products like a car seat bunting.
The added stuffing can interfere with the harness fit and crash performance of the seat. A good trick is to buckle your child in without hKaytis or her jacket and then put it back on backward over the harness.
You can purchase the Chicco Mystique Convertible Car Seat http://www.chiccousa.com/. It retails for $279.99.
Traveling with little kids doesn’t have to be scary! Learn how to keep them safe with these car seat safety tips! Do you have anything you want to add?