*This is a partnered post. Opinions are my own.
Guess what? This morning I set my alarm early and got up, cooked the kids a delicious and healthy breakfast and I got the kids to school ON TIME. This is HUGE for us. Why? Because nearly every morning, there is SOMETHING that goes wrong!
I am very happy with the way this morning went and I hope that more mornings are like this one. When mornings don’t go as planned, I am going to try to be more prepared, like I was today. But, if I cannot cook a healthy breakfast, I am going to have the belVita Bites around.
belVita Bites are a convenient option for mornings on the run. Each 50g serving (one pouch) provides: 230 calories, 4g of fiber*, 20g of whole grain. If you have crazy mornings like we do around here, than you should stash some belVita Bites in your cupboards too!
belVita partnered withKeri Gans (Registered Dietitian), Christine Hassler (Life Coach), and David Zinczenko (author of Eat It to Beat It ), to provide some tips for a healthy breakfast and a smooth morning routine. This could not have come at a better time for me!
- Keri Gans said: “A serving of belVita, with a low-fat Greek yogurt and a serving of fruit, can be the perfect grab and go complete breakfast.”
- David Zinczenko said: “Being that people today have no time to cook, they are looking for options with nutrition’s latest buzzwords – protein and fiber. belVita paired with a serving of non-fat yogurt and fruit hits on protein, fiber AND whole grains.”
- Christine Hassler said:“Doing something 40 days in a row moves it from a change to a habit. Making a complete breakfast a habit starts today.”
Did You Know…
- Recommended amount of fiber for women is 30g, and 35g fiber for men.
- A study by NPD Group Inc. found that Americans have an average of just 12 minutes a day for consuming breakfast. That is about half the time we spend on lunch (28 minutes) or dinner (24 minutes).
- Eating breakfast sets the tone for the day because it gets our blood sugar up which makes our brain function better the rest of the day. It gets our metabolism going. It reduces cravings later in the day. And it puts us in a better mood.
- Dietary fiber from whole grains, as part of an overall healthy diet, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
National Cereal Day is March 7th? I am trading in my spoon in favor of a complete breakfast like belVita Bites, fruit and dairy! Are ya with me???
So, how are your mornings going? Are they chaotic and crazy like mine can be? Or are your mornings quiet and organized?