Care4hire.com is an online database for families and caregivers to search babysitters, housekeepers, tutors, elder/companion care, pet sitters and other miscellaneous service. A free preview of available caregivers is available to families. Whether you need a caregiver for a few hours to a few days, you will find it at Care4hire.com. Once you are a registered member, you will be given immediate access to caregiver through email and phone.
Here are some tips we highly recommend families using when hiring a caregiver:
1. Do a background check on the caregiver that you hire. Definitely run a criminal background check. If the caregiver will be transporting the children or doing errands; you will also want to run a driving record.
2. Do your reference checks. When getting phone #’s on the references; we highly recommend you can call land lines
3. Make sure you spell out and have a detailed conversation on the expectations for the caregiver. Have the caregiver ask numerous questions as well. Communication is the best tool for a successful relationship.
4. Not sure what questions to ask the caregiver? Take advantage of the sample list of questions we have for registered members at www.care4hire.com.
5. If you do not see the caregiver often; have a notepad where you can both make notes for a communication tool.
This is a wonderful site for all parents who are looking for people to care for their most prized possessions, our children.