Delicious and Easy Bahmi Recipe! Do you have any favorite recipes that not only taste good but are also meaningful to you as well? Whether it’s the memories you have associated with it or the person who gave it to you, some recipes are just extra special! That’s exactly how I feel about this Delicious and Easy Bahmi Recipe! I hadn’t even heard of it before I met my hubby and now it’s one of my all-time favorite foods! It’s so delicious and easy to make. But I also love it because the recipe comes from my husband’s grandmother.
His grandmother was Indonesian and man, could she cook! She cooked the yummiest meals EVER. But the one I Loved the most was her Bahmi. Oh, man, she knew how to make that!
After my husband’s grandmother passed, my Mother-in-Law would make the Bahmi for the family and now she has taught me! I feel so lucky to be a part of such a special family tradition.
And goodness, I have to admit I rock at the Bahmi making!! It is so easy to make, takes no time at all, and is a pretty healthy meal that everyone in your family will enjoy. If you are like I was and haven’t even heard of Bahmi, you don’t know what you are missing!
Bahmi Goreng (or Bami Goreng as you might see it spelled) is an Indonesian Stir Fry Noodle Dish with lots of variations! I know I am biased, but I think our version that includes vegetables, garlic, soy sauce, and Spaghetti noodles is the most delicious one!
Delicious and Easy Bahmi Recipe
- 1 Box of Spaghetti Noodles
- Pork (1 lb)
- Hot Chili Garlic Sauce (optional)
- ½ cup of Soy Sauce
- Onions-1/2 chopped
- Celery-3 stalks chopped
- Snow Peas- a hand full, cut-off ends
- Accent Salt (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Garlic powder (or fresh garlic) I use fresh garlic from a jar and use a spoonful of it
- Bean Sprouts (handful)
- Boil noodles and then drain, set aside.
- Cut up into little bite-size pieces and put the pork into the frying pan.
- Chop up the bacon and add to the frying pan.
- Add chopped onions, Accent Salt, salt, and garlic into a frying pan with pork. Fry pork until nice and browned.
- Add chopped celery, snow peas, and bean sprouts. Cook with pork and bacon for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cooked noodles and mix.
- Add Soy Sauce to taste and mix really well.
- Serve on a plate, add a little dollop of the Hot Chili Sauce (It’s optional, but makes it SO much more delicious!) and enjoy!!
This is so good!
Trust me, my pictures do not do my Bahmi justice. It is sooooo tasty and I promise you will love it!! If you are looking for another really delicious Indonesian dish, check out my recipe for Nasi Goreng! It is a similar recipe, but it calls for fried rice instead of fried noodles. They are both so good, though!
Another quick and easy Stir Fry Recipe that is always a hit with my family is this Peanut Butter Chicken Stir Fry Dish. It’s so yummy!
However, if you are more of a salad lover, I do have a unique Oriental Salad Recipe with Ramen Noodles. They give it an extra crunch!
Have you ever made Bahmi? Do you have another favorite Stir Fry Recipe? Comment below!
*This post was originally published in 2012 and was updated in 2022.