You post one recipe about bacon and it goes viral. No kidding. What is it with Bacon and people? I swear I have not met one person who dislikes Bacon! So funny! Anyways, I saw this delicious recipe on another blogger’s site and HAD to make this for my own family. It is Meatloaf Wrapped In Bacon and oh my goodness it is GOOD. I will NEVER make meatloaf without it, ever again!
The Recipe (I changed it up a bit for me and my family’s liking, you can too!)
Meatloaf Wrapped In Bacon
- 1 package of bacon (I used ½ regular bacon and ½ peppered bacon)
- Ground Meat 1.5 lbs
- 2 slices of bread, cut up into small bits
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- For Glaze:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 3 teaspoons of prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons (or more) of white vinegar (I used rice vinegar and worked fine)
- 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar (just taste and see what you prefer)
- For Meatloaf:
- In a large bowl add:
- Ground Meat
- slices of bread cut up
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- medium onion, chopped
- teaspoon thyme
- Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all together with your hands (squish it up good!!)
- Take ground meat out of the bowl and form it into a loaf and put it on a wire rack, covered with tin foil.
- Weave the bacon on a cutting board and set it aside
How To Make The Glaze:
- In a small bowl mix the following together:
- Chili Powder (optional)
- prepared mustard
- white vinegar or rice vinegar
- brown sugar
- Pour ½ the glaze mixture over the meatloaf
- carefully pick up the weaved bacon and set it on top of the glaze/meatloaf
- Tuck the bacon under the meatloaf to secure
- Put in oven at 350 for 1 hour and 20 mins, uncovered
- About 10 minutes before the meatloaf is done, take it out and add the remaining glaze to the top of the bacon weave
- Put back in the oven on BROIL for 2-5 minutes, watching carefully!
- Take out of the oven and let sit for about 15 minutes then serve!!
Please let me know if you make it and take pictures to show me your Meatloaf Wrapped In Bacon!!
Because I broiled this for the last 4 minutes or so, the bacon was crisp and really good! So, I highly recommend broiling it!!
Have You Ever Made Meatloaf Wrapped In Bacon?